Interview Questions on Network - Basics
1. What is network ?
network is a collection of computers that are connected to each other to share data and some other resources like printer and scanner.
2. Explain Different types of network?
1. LAN(Local Area Network): A Local Area Network (LAN) is a network that is limited to a relatively small area. It is generally limited to a geographic area such as a writing lab, school, or building.
2. MAN(Metropolitan Area Networks): A metropolitan area network covers a city. The best-known example of a MAN is the cable television network available in many cities.
3. WAN(Wide Area Networks): Wide Area Networks (WANs) connect networks in larger geographic areas, such as India, the United States, or the world.
3. Explain different types of transmission technology?
1. Broadcast : Broadcast networks have a single communication channel that is shared by all the machines on the network.
2. Multicast: Multicast networks have a single communication channel that is shared by multiple the machines on the network.
3. Unicast(Point to point): point-to-point networks consist of many connections between individual pairs of machines. sender sends data to receiver through intermediate nodes.
4. What is server?
Server is a computer which manages access to all resources or service in a network.
5. What is topology?
The way of arrangement of network is nothing but topology.
6. what is the use of DNS(Domain Name System)?
The Domain Name System (DNS) is used to resolve a host name to an IP address.